Why Native Shade Tree Farm?
- We Produce Superior Trees Using Advanced Growing Methods for Faster Growth, Healthier Canopies and Better Color.
- Family Owned and Operated
Come visit our farm and learn more about the Native Shade Difference!
Why Plant Trees?
You already know that planting trees makes your yard and home look nicer and helps shade the house from the hot Texas sun, but did you know there are important economic and environmental benefits to planting trees?
Here are just a few examples:
- Landscaping, especially with trees, can increase property values as much as 20 percent.
- Trees can reduce air conditioning costs by up to 50 percent, by shading the windows and walls of a home.
- A mature tree can often have an appraised value of up to $10,000.
- In one study, 83% of realtors believe that mature trees have a "strong or moderate impact" on the salability of homes listed for under $150,000: on homes over $250,000, this perception increases to 98%.
- The planting of trees means improved water quality, resulting in less runoff and erosion. This allows more recharging of the ground water supply. Wooded areas help prevent the transport of sediment and chemicals into streams